Saturday, December 5, 2015

A Nice Easy Going Saturday in December...

Nana and Santa

Bennie and Santa

Seth and Santa
 I knew our ward Christmas party was on Saturday.  Visions of spending the day at home, after the party, doing laundry, and catching up on other things after being out of town danced in my head.  I even though we might do some of our fun Christmas activities.  Greg helped cook for the party and headed out early.  The kids and I arrived with time to spare, and soon reality hit me.  After a really lovely party, I was going anywhere, but home.  Our ward has a breakfast and Santa every year.  The food was AWESOME!  They had 15 gallons of sour dough pancake batter; they were amazing pancakes.  Sourdough biscuits and gravy, ham, sausage, eggs, cereal, juice, milk, cocoa...we were spoiled.  The primary kids did a craft, and a little program.  Then Santa came.  I absolutely LOVE Seth's commentary on Santa.  This Santa was his football coach, Danny Collins.  I thought, "Oh, Dear, he's going to have this figured out in no time!" He had a nice chat with Santa, but didn't figure him out.  Instead he said, "That one wasn't the real Santa either, because that was NOT his mustache!"

Instead of heading home it was our turn to clean the church.  Five other families on our team stayed to help, many hands make light work, but it took over an hour.  In the process Greg had to take the girls to a swim meet.  They watched the University of Utah vs University of Wyoming.  It was mandatory, and their meet was cancelled so they could attend this at our home pool.  The littles and I continued cleaning.  After we finished Kira (who had been begging all week, but we just didn't have time) said, "Can we PLEASE go to the library and sign up for winter reading."  We headed to the library, signed up, and found a few good books.  It was almost 3 when we got home, and soon  after Greg and the girls arrived.  Greg's outfit was so funny to me.  He had put on a red polo shirt for the Christmas party, and when they headed to the swim meet he put on his UW hat; he looked like the most confused fan ever!  Bennie was exhausted, and couldn't wait for his nap.  I got to do laundry for only an hour before leaving to go to an anniversary dinner for our friends the Bates'.  Who needs to do laundry anyway?


Primary kids singing

Mori and her creation


Kira and her creation
Seth and his creation
Bennie and his future brother in law


Kira and mom

Excellent food

Action shot- Mori, Astrid, and Gaby

Seth and Josh

No comments: