 |
| Last day of school May 22, 2015 |
 |
| First day of school August 19, 2014 |
This school year went so fast. There were so many things I LOVED about this year. Some years are hellish, and hard, and take forever to make it through, but you grow and it's okay in the end. I hate those years. I like them nice and easy, but I guess that's really not the point to life. This year was good, there were hard things, but it was good. The kids just did so well, and made so much progress.
 |
| Gaby at Swim Banquet |
 |
| Gaby at Swim Meet |
It was fun to watch Gaby bloom. We are so proud of her for participating on the swim team, and performing in the school play. She also took Hunter's Safety and passed with flying colors. She took a painting class, and found a hidden talent. She took a sewing class and did great. She had fabulous grades. She ran for student counsel for her 8th grade year, and got it. She was eligible for a trip to Lagoon, and had a ball with her friends. Dissecting frogs were among here favorite things of the year. I am anxiously excited to see Gabrielle as an 8th grader. I would never have guessed that middle school would be so good for her.
 |
| Mori and Art Award |
 |
Mori and Self Portrait of her in her
swim cap and goggles. |
This year wasn't as easy for Mori, as some years are. Her best friend was in a different core, and they never saw each other at school. Good friends make life more enjoyable. She made new friends. Endured lots of teasing from the "Hunters" (two boys that tease her unmercifully) {I kinda hope they fall of the edge of Wyoming over the summer}. She was busy in student counsel, and choir. She also did well academically. She typically struggles in math, but did outstanding. She was the student of the month for behavior, citizenship, and grades. Her art work was featured at the district art show, and she was awarded Art student of the month. She swam competitively on the USA team for most of the year, which is a MAJOR time commitment. Mori is impressive, she just rolled with the punches. I hope 6th grade is much kinder to her. Mori kept her sense of humor intact, and I am so grateful for that!
 |
| Kira and Award |
Kira did well in 3rd grade. Her test scores soared. She really progressed nicely. She was in her best friends class, which just so happens to be a boy, born on the exact same day. They play so well with each other, and are two peas in a pod. There were several kids that teased them unmercifully about in love. Which being in love as an 8 or a 9 year old is against our family rules of absolutely NO falling in love until age 27 or when deemed okay. It made me sad so see them so bothered by the other kids teasing and taunting. Kira made other girl friends, and by the end of the year they were playing together again just like old times.
 |
| The Graduate |
Seth oh, Seth! He flew the coop WAY TO SOON. All day kindergarten was brutal for his mother. I'm thankful for Benjamin...otherwise...I would have lived in his classroom. Seth did well. He's going to figure out how to behalf, but really...expecting a 5/6 year old to sit all day long is excessive. He landed on YELLOW several times, for things like wrestling when he was supposed to be at his desk, explaining what a heart attack was to Trinity, for not listening, for daydreaming, for not doing his work, and the list goes on. He LIVED for recess! It's hard to be a five year old boy in all day Kindergarten, but he persevered and is now going to be a 1st grader!
No comments:
Post a Comment