Saturday, May 23, 2015

Oh, Happy Day!



 We headed down to Utah county for a
 little temple trip.  It was a LOOOOONG day.  The kids were as good as gold.  I couldn't have asked them to be any better.  Greg and I decided we'd let everyone sleep in until 6:30; being that it was their first day of Summer break.  My alarm went off at 5:45, followed shortly thereafter by one of the kids' alarms.  Greg's alarm went off at 6:15.  Needless to say I don't think anyone slept until 6:30.  We had a little breakfast on the road.  The drive was beautiful with all of the gorgeous wildflowers and green everywhere.  All of the rain we have gotten is paying off!  Our first stop was the Provo temple.

After the temple we headed to one of our favorite places to eat; Tucanos.  Gaby was looking forward to quail eggs, chicken hearts, and sushi.  To each their own I guess. After we were finished eating
 I asked what her favorite was this time, her response the PINEAPPLE.  Ben loved their Parmesan rolls.  Greg always loves the bacon wrapped turkey, but this time liked the bacon wrapped sirloin.  I think Kira and Morgan loved their mango lemonade the most.  Seth and I like it all.  They really do have my favorite salad bar!
 After eating Seth, Bennie, and Mori played in the splash pad.  They had a ball. Bennie was in heaven, he loved the water.  He was absolutely drenched, and wanted to go back for more!  We had a flood, from a sipper cup leaking, in the diaper bag that soaked everything.  Needless to say his change of clothes were unavailable. From Provo to Payson I held his little outfit out the window.  Gaby was dying.  She's so easy to embarrass.  We had to take a quick pit stop at the Provo DI.  Mori announced I only have my tennis shoes.  This is the second trip this has happened on...We're on to you Mori!  Greg was able to find like new Clark's (my favorite brand of shoes) and Naturalizers.  Glad she wears my size of shoe; I'm taking these as mine!
We LOVED the Payson temple.  It was absolutely gorgeous!  It was even worth standing in front of an anti-Mormon guy in line, and listen to him bash the.entire. time.  The kids were adorable; so attentive to details.  Gaby was beyond impressed with the door knobs! We loved the dark wood, the stained glass windows were gorgeous, the prints on the furniture, the fine details, but most of all we love the purpose of temples...to bind families throughout all generations together.  We headed home after this, all of the kids slept (which is rare) on the way home...we had totally wore them out.  We  arrived home after 11 exhausted, but so glad for our fun day.

No comments: