 |
| Mori & Magerta |
 |
| Seth's eye for beauty |
 |
| My what big eyes you have! |
 |
| Must run in the family |
 |
| Lucky Kira |
 |
| Mori learning to make bread |
 |
| Seth the fly catcher |
 |
| Skeeter bait |
 |
| Sanding the playhouse |
 |
| Greg's work |
 |
| Staining the playhouse |
 |
| Parade @ Flaming Gorge Days |
 |
Gaby's hidden talent
Mustard writing |
 |
| Our friends are moving. |
 |
| I should be a make-up artist |
So it seems we've been busy all summer doing nothing at all. We've worked hard at reading. Together we've read "The Good Master", "My Name is Sally Little Song", and "Conversations With a Moon Flower". We have many more on the docket. I enjoyed, "Carry On, Mr Bowditch." Seth started reading "The Book of Mormon". He did well for a few weeks, but we need to get back on the bandwagon. He also read 20+ sight reader books. Kira has read several books by Cynthia Rylant, including "The Thimbleberry Stories", and "The Cobble Street Cousins". 2 books from Usborne that are collections of Aesop's fables and Fairy Tales. Goldilocks and the 3 Bears that was messed up. "Red Racer", "The Chocolate Touch", and more we can't remember. Mori has read Janitors 1,2, and 3. "I Survived The Bombing of Pearl Harbor". Artemis Fowl 1& 2 and more we can't remember. Gabrielle has read "Ella Enchanted" (for the 100th time). The first book of "39 clues", "How to Win Friends and Influence People" a classic by Dale Carnegie x2 (funny story, the bishop's wife brought cookies on Sunday, She stayed for 2 hours visiting...the last 30 minutes with Gaby. After she left Gaby said, "She follows the principles taught in How to Win Friends and Influence People well!" I laughed so hard...what 13 year old says these things!?). The first book of "Heroes of Olympus", numerous picture books. She has memorized The Standard of Truth.
One of the Library in the Park programs this year was a ventriloquist. Our friends the Whipple's are moving, so Naomi and Lucy spent the day with us. Mori was mesmerized by the ventriloquist, and went and talked to her after. We constructed Mori a puppet; her name is Magerta. Mori and Gaby learned how to bake bread. We had a lotions and potions making time with Mori and Kira and a few friends. It occurred to me if my kids didn't learn how to write in cursive well, they'd be illiterate when it came to reading cursive. So we've done several writing exercises, and even written letters to grandparents (although they have yet to make it in the mail). They'd love to hear from you... and will even write back. Mori and Kira have watched some basic sewing videos and are about to be construction of a skirt.
I guess we've really hit the teenage years. Gaby is constantly looking up make-up techniques and hair dos. Mori will frequently come in and have paint all over her face...I'll say WHAT IS ON YOUR FACE??? She feigns innocence, but I'm not dumb. One day Gaby was trying to figure out what eye liner worked best on her, so we all played around. It was fun. I can't believe my babies.
One morning I ran into work with Greg while the kids were asleep to help him complete something so he could enjoy the weekend. After he was done he said, "Will you unplug that blue cable for me?" Needless to say I was flabbergasted. You need to look at the picture above to get the full humor of the situation.
The mosquitoes are awful this year and they LOVE Bennie! He looks like he has the chicken pox. Poor Baby. We bought a new play land. The kids worked hard sanding down the chalk board & repainting it, and staining the playland. It was a hot day, and they worked so hard. I was so proud of them.
We celebrated Flaming Gorge Days by going to the parade, but none of the drunkfest activities. The theme of the parade had something to do with a casino. Someone threw Kira a $10 chip from a casino in Vegas; she feels really rich. That night our friends the Nielsen's had an Open House, BBQ, and backyard Movie Night at their new house. It was fun with snow cones, cotton candy, and popcorn maker.
 |
| The view behind us at the backyard movie |
 |
| Good times at the Nielsen's |
One day Seth bought a fly catcher. He is a masterful bug catcher. One day he came in and said "I'm the awesomest bug catcher ever." The amount of flies he had caught was indeed impressive. He said "Do you wanna know my secret? The dog poop has the most flies!" Heaven, Help ME!
 |
| Bennie LOVES Ball |
I came home one day and Bennie had fairy wings on playing ball. It was adorable. He loves basketball and baseball. He'll shoot a basket and cheer YEAH and then hold his little arms in the air.
I've been walking 3-5 miles several times a week. One evening Greg and I saw this absolutely adorable fawn on our walk. Mori and I saw a stunning moon one walk. God has graced our lives with beauty all around. I am constantly finding pictures on my phone that Seth has taken of pretty skies, flowers, etc.
 |
If this isn't cute, I don't know what would be considered cute
|
No comments:
Post a Comment