 |
| Gaby adjusting her goggles |
 |
| Mori (on left) about to dive off of blocks |
 |
| Mori and Gaby in the same heat |
The Lyman Meet was the first of the season. It's always so good to have the first meet of the season under your belt. In the girls' first race, they were in the same heat. Both were having a good race, Mori leading the pack, until the flip turn. At the flip turn, there was so much force on Mori's goggles they ended up around her neck. She tried to swim on, but ended up stopping to put her goggles back on mid race. As fate would have it she was in a lane close to the stands, she stopped right in front of her father, who was finding a lot of humor in the situation, and instead of just putting on her goggles and going, she started lecturing her dad from the pool into the stands "DAD DON'T LAUGH AT ME! DAD STOP LAUGHING AT ME!" Oh dear, I was dying as Greg was texting me about each event. My heart totally sank when I saw her time, and in last place. Then, when he told me the story I was just sick for her. After the meet she came to Greg and said, "Did you tell mom? I hope not, because then she makes feel bad. She tells me how bad she feels and how sorry she is, and it just makes it worse!" For the first time in my life I didn't say a word when I picked her up from the bus. I just smiled, and laughed as she told Granny (on the phone) the story. Laughing and smiling feel so much better, because really what is my gut wrenching going to change...not a thing. I wish I could internalize this, but really I'm a freak (I think it's the mom in me). As a mom you just feel your child's pain and anguish! Really, I don't think I get enough credit for doing this 100% un-medicated!
No comments:
Post a Comment