Thursday, November 19, 2015

Green River Invitational


Mori's beautiful entrance into the pool.  Nice way to get off of those blocks!
 It was so fun to watch the girls swim on their home turf.  What an awesome meet they both had.  I am so proud of them.  They both killed their races!  Good Job girls!  Good solid swimming, great technique.  Gaby and Mori both swam the 50 Free.  Mori has been getting up at 5 and to the pool by 5:30 to practice.  She didn't feel like her 2 hours of swimming after school were enough to help her with her starts and turns.
Mori coming out of her streamline in first...NICE!
 Those are the keys to winning the race (all coming from the mom who doesn't swim).  Greg and she have been diligent getting up and out the door in the freezing cold.  Coach Randy Walker has worked with her, and Miss Mary ( who has been instrumental to all of my children's swimming ability)  also helped coach her in the morning.  I was so nervous after her hard work she wouldn't improve!
Gaby's beautiful finish!  Nice solid race!  

Gaby's heat was tight!  She did great!
Thank goodness I was sitting next to my dear friend Jeanna.  The names weren't coming up on the board.  So she'd say "Amy you have a swimmer in three!".  Otherwise I would have totally missed them.  Gaby was first to swim, and that girl did awesome.  It was a personal best for her, and qualified her for conference swim.  I was so thrilled for her and her success. She had a beautiful, solid swim.  My heart was so joyful.  Mori was in the next heat.  I was so nervous that she had overdone it and she'd be disappointed.  Her swim was also beautiful!  I was so proud, and relieved.  She knocked a few seconds off of her time, also having a personal best time, and qualifying for conference as well.  So, so proud of her, and so relieved she was able to see the fruit of her labors!  Anything that is worth doing takes time and effort.  I am so proud of these girls for putting in the time effort.  I am proud of  Mori for seeing she needed more time, and putting in that time to be successful. I am also so grateful for good adults that help my kids be successful, and go out of their way to help them be their best.

After Mori's swim, I watched her look over at the score board, smile, pull herself out of the pool, go directly to her dad (who was timing in lane 1), and give him a fist bump.  I am so glad for their bond, and his desire to help our children each be successful individually!  I sat up in the stands watching their interaction, near tears, so grateful to be able watch this success.  Gaby isn't as transparent with her emotions.  She touches the wall, looks over at the score board, shows no emotion, goes to her coach to ask his advice, goes to where she was sitting, picks up her book, and starts reading.  She makes me smile.  She is in no competition with anyone, but herself.  That's how she is in life too.  She just tries to be better everyday.  I am so glad to be able to mother these girls!  They are so fun, different and unique.  They bless my life.  I watched Mori make her way to Gaby.  Then Mary came to congratulate them on their success.  Soon diving started.  Let me just say middle school diving is long and boring, and really long.  I needed to be at Relief Society at 6:30 and so wanted to watch their other races, but at 6:15 long, boring, painfully slow diving was stilllll going on.

Rumor out on the streets is Gaby's 100 Back went well, and Mori's 100 Free went great.  However, I got no pictures and no times...so who knows!  Gaby and Mori swam on the same relay team (I love when they are on the same relay team)!  Greg said they killed it!  Oh, so sad to be in charge of things, and have to miss your kids!  I'm trying to figure out how to retire as the RS meeting coordinator, I just haven't figured it out yet.  Don't get me wrong, I love Relief Society, I just hate missing my kids stuff!  Well Done Girls!

No comments: