
I LOVE Women's Conference. It's one of my favorite things. This year didn't go as planned at all, but it was good. We usually go as a 4some; my mom, LeeAnna LouEasy, Kristi Louise, and I. After we were home for Easter I knew there was no way my mom could go and enjoy herself. It made me really sad to see her in so much pain. I had decided I would just cancel and Kristi and LeeAnna could still go and my mom and I could try again next year.

LeeAnna decided to drop when my mom did, and Kristi Lou and I decided to still go. I was so nervous to drive by myself, and it was really nerve wracking to leave Greg when I knew he had so much going on at work, and due to Ben being sick I had not weaned him. I am surprised I made it out the door. I had a nice drive to Provo. Took myself to Sam's (I love Sam's). Wednesday evening LaDonna, Marissa, and Kaitlyn came and we went to eat, shop, and have dessert. It was fun, and did my heart good to see them. LaDonna and I had a good visit,, and it was good to see the girls.
Thursday morning the conference kicked off and I really loved the talk by Wendy Watson Nelson, my understanding of covenants was increased, and my heart was touched. I enjoyed the closing session and was touched deeply (Bonnie Oscarson is too cute), but really didn't care for the other sessions Thursday (this could have been due to the amount of pain I was feeling...new meaning was brought to remembrance of the scripture 1 Nephi 21:15). We went to the Sharing Stations and the Service Project. I always love a good service project, and enjoyed the Sharing Stations. The concert was also that night and was mediocre (again this could have been more me, than the concert).
Friday morning's opening session was okay. I LOVED the first break out session we went to. I felt like it was the whole reason I was there. The second was fine. It was good to bond with Kristi Louise. I left early to get home in time to help Gaby with her hair and make-up (which she didn't want) and see the opening night of the play. My mom and dad made it to Provo in the nick of time for my mom to ride home with me :). We had a busy weekend, and loved having my mom and dad here. We really appreciated their efforts in coming to support Gab and love on us!




No comments:
Post a Comment