Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Brother Robert....




Have I ever told you I love you? I know--it is a good thing that mom doesn't read this--she might pass out. Really, you were obnoxious in my younger years. You purposely didn't match, and didn't care what I or anyone else thought. I admire that now. I admire that you are you, and stand up for everything you hold dear, sometimes don't match, and still don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks. Thanks for chasing all the boys away, because I think I found the perfect one (I had to move 1,000 miles away from you, and Jeff and Doug couldn't scare him away on their own). Thanks for putting the radar out that I was your baby sister, and you would kill anyone that mistreated me. Now it makes me smile that the only thing people knew me by in high school was "Little Malcom", and that you and Jeff had your eye on me.

Did you know Greg quotes you? Yip, his favorite at present is..."Women are crazy; you've just got to love 'em." The only way he can quote it and get away with it is because it is your words of wisdom imparted to him. Thanks for loving Greg. It really touched my heart when you took him in your arms, and told him that you loved him like a brother.

You wanna know something else? I am so proud of you. I love Cheryl. You married well. She is the sister I never had. I love her teasing, jokster personality. Your family is awesome. Hannah is such a joy (I can still hear her saying, "Ahh dad that bird never had a chance" and then I giggle to myself), and so full of personality. Gracie is so sweet, yet has Cheryl's teasing way. Jojo is such a sweet boy, and loves his daddy. I appreciate you and Cheryl's love of the Savior, and trust in Him. You've done well my brother. Keep up the good work! And remember I Love You, and still look up to you!

3 comments:

Coombs N Company said...

What beautiful words! I am sure that he loves you just as much!

Robert said...

Well sis let me start by saying that Cheryl loved your choice of pictures. "Pay backs are coming" she says. Those words are very sweet and I love you guys very much as well. I heard a preacher say one time that if a man was to lose his family he would have no platform remaining in which to accomplish anything of worth. I think thats right and cannot begin to express the love in my heart for you, Jeff, Doug and Mom and Dad. Every once in a while I look back; sometimes with tears and others with smiles. Even now a smile comes to my face when I remember that little girl crying ou " hold my hand Bubba RA Hold my hand." The fear of the upcoming shampoo striking fear into your soul and the calm that came from simple trust in a big brother. Other times I look back at wasted years. Years spent in search of who I was and the frustration that came with not knowing. But you count on this. There has never been a day that I would have not given my life in your defense. As far as Im concerned Im the only one that had the right to aggrevate you. You see thats what a big brother does. And as far as sweetness farnsworth is concerned I think you did a great job. I could not have allowed you to go along lifes highways with a lesser man. Its true women are crazy. But the craziest part of yall is your unconditional love for the men in your life. May we all find ourselves worthy of such a precious gift. Love Bubba Ra

Amy said...

Rob, Tell Cheryl I've been paid back --already. No one knew I have a deathly fear of getting my hair washed until you just told the whole world!!!!! :) Mom,read this--cried through the whole thing. too cute--she's proud of you too bubba!