I love the face Auntie Carol is making, she would kill me if she knew this was on the internet. When I was a little girl I loved to visit their house (because I idolized my cousin Cheryl, and they had the coolest play house ever). It was always a highlight when they came to visit when we were at Grandma's house. Auntie Carol and Uncle Louie are just so loving. It was absolutely fabulous to be able to visit with them and be able to see their whole family. Nothing has changed I still felt 100% loved.
Rob and his family, mom and dad, and our family met at the cabin for a whole week. Greg loves lake swimming, and is in his element with all of the lakes surrounding the cabin. Our family that lives in that area are always the best host/hostesses--we feel like celebrities while we are there. Zan and Sue let us use their private lake--the kids loved the tree house and rope swing that dropped them right into the lake. The kids enjoyed the lake in the hot afternoons. The girls crafted, and just enjoyed being together. The week flew so fast. The boys, Mori, Grace and Gaby went fishing. Jojo, Mori and Gaby caught their first fish.
Jackie P. cooked an awesome meal. The best pork I have ever had. I love to watch she and my mom together. What a perfect example of lifelong friends. Jackie has the cutest personality, and always lavishes us with gifts--she is so cute. I love to hear the stories of she and my mom in college. She is a collector and loves to share her love of memories with others who enjoy them.
I love to go to the cabin. It is so nice to just kick back, visit, and do things I don't have time to normally do. The girls made a lot of cute hair flowers, beaded, and I scrap booked. I love the flow--nothing is planned, but everyone is together. So many happy memories.
As we pulled away from our happy vacation destination the girls were all in tears. They had so much fun, and were going to miss everyone so much. They begged and begged to stay "One more week". Greg and I commented on how unconditionally loved we felt. I'll never forget Greg's comment, "That is what family feels like." So true. That is what is supposed feel like. We smiled most of the way home. I contemplated how it all happened. Really it could have been a perfect combination for a family disaster, but it wasn't. It was just a family together that despite their differences, gloried in their love for each other and in their love of the Savior, and had a week of pure bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment