Saturday, October 1, 2016

Gaby + Homecoming= ?

I was sitting in a primary meeting when my phone rang.  It was Gaby, she should have been in the middle of class.  I answered to make sure everything was okay.  It was her friend Jayden asking if Gabrielle could go to Homecoming.  I told her I'd get back to her and groaned when I hung up.  The Primary President said it was really common for younger girls or girls that didn't have dates to go stag.  I was not hip to the movement.  I talked to Greg knowing he would have the answer.  He said well she goes to church dances.  That was not the answer I knew he would have.  I finally consented.  She gets out of school early on Friday.  I drove her to Rock Springs to find a dress after school.  On Saturday we painted fingernails and curled hair as we watched conference.

Then she met up with her friends.  One house they had dinner.  At another house they spoiled and pampered them. They had several ladies there doing hair and make-up.  One mom made wrist corsages for them.  After the dance they went to a house and had a chocolate fountain.  She was so happy and had the greatest time.  Several times while she was gone Mori would say, "Hey, Mom what if Gaby is dancing with the boy she is going to marry right now?"  I would say, "Mo, let's not talk about that k!"  She wouldn't stop, "No, mom really.  Think about it!"  I think that child likes to make me squirm.

No comments: