We went to sign Gaby up for her first year of High School! Gagola! As Greg and I were walking in the hall we saw her locker. Our sweet girl is LOVING her experience in the play "Grease". She just beams and glows, and says "I wish I were at play practice." Mori and I constantly get a kick out of Gaby, because she walks around singing the songs from the play. The other day when we dropped her off for play practice it appeared that Gaby was talking to herself as she was walking into the High School. I told Mori, "CALL HER! CALL HER! Tell her she can't talk to herself walking into the school. Those High Schoolers are going to make fun of her and eat her alive." We can't have that! Mori called, she didn't answer. The next day we picked her up from play practice and she comes out to the car with her arms perfectly poised out to the side, beaming, and singing. I said Gabrielle, "Mori and I saw you talking to yourself yesterday going into the school you just can't do that". She said, " Mother I was just singing". Oh that girl!
Every second she's not in play practice she can't wait until she can be in practice! Friday we are out of school, so she has play practice all day, and she's thrilled! The head director told everyone at the informational meeting "We put on Broadway quality shows. We don't except anything else. So at times we're going to tear your child down so we can build them back up where we need them to be. At times our comments or critiquing might hurt, if you or child can't handle that...Don't try out!" I asked Gaby the other day if Ms. Musbach has critiqued her, and if it upset her. She said, "Everyday, she's just trying to help me be better, and so I know I just need to try harder. I think we might have a thespian on our hands. We are excited to see the final production, and know with the countless hours that have gone into this it's going to be amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment