![]() |
| Mori after a 6 hour party... missing half of her costume. |
![]() |
| Gaby |
![]() |
| Seth, Kira, and Ben |
Gaby and her friends started at 4 o'clock trick-or-treating. I bet they walked 15 miles. I could not believe all the parts of town they walked to. I was a wee bit paranoid to let her go. She had such a good time. She now has the mother load of candy. Her favorite stop was "The Harry Potter" house. The lady had it all set up and handed out a slew of things. From what I can remember butter beer, Bertie Bott's beans, chocolate frogs, some kind of pumpkin thing from book 2, a little fluff ball (I can't remember what she called it) and more. She had a paper lunch sack of stuff just from that house alone.
Mori went to a party at Addyson's house from 4-10. She has the cutest group of friends. They played games (one of the games they put a skeleton together, her friend Sarah got a little confused and instead of tibia, said here's the testicle), had dinner (she was impressed with the witches' brew, and mummy hot dogs), they went trick or treating and watched a movie.
The rest of us started out at our ward trunk-or-treat, and chili cook off. We came back to our neighborhood to hit a few houses. Sister Barker's daughter was at a friend's house and they were handing out pop and king sized candy bars. They were dressed up as witches, and having more fun than the kids. On our way there we saw Gaby and her friends. We picked them up and took them with us (they were trying to get to the Harry Potter house). After we dropped them off at the Harry Potter house we went to the care center. The kids left there with FULL buckets. The girls go and help do crafts with the residents every week (when we're not busy). I had to shove Kira's candy in my pockets, because it was overflowing. At the care center we saw my friend Sarah and her family. She said, "You have to go to 525 Hackberry NOW! They are handing out toys. It's like Christmas over there!" In my head I was thinking a lot of used or dollar store items (which would still be VERY expensive to give out to trick or treaters. The house was decorated as 'The Nightmare Before Christmas"; the decor was to the hilt, really amazing. They had their garage FULL of boxes of brand new toys. It was crazy. Transformers, Melissa & Doug toys, LaLaloopsy, Ever After High dolls, V-tech computer games...It was like a toy store had thrown up on there garage and driveway. It was insane. Kids were full of glee. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how in the world, and why in the world. Apparently he does this every year. He was the nicest man. I hope he's independently wealthy.
We came home and Greg started the movie Gremlins, which Seth thoroughly LOVED! You could hear him laughing through the entire house. I was able to pick up Gaby and her friends and take them to the toy house. Poor Mori missed out. Reminds of the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote "For everything you have missed, there is something you have gained."



No comments:
Post a Comment