 |
| Seth, Gaby, & Ben waiting for the others at the front gate |
 |
| Best Baby in the whole world |
In March we held a family counsel, and took a vote for our family vacation. It was unanimous with the kids. They wanted to go to Disneyland! I researched hour, upon hours the best time of year to go, with the smallest crowds, the motel for the best value, mileage, activities, upcoming plans for the 60th anniversary celebration, and just about every scenario you could think of. We anxiously awaited the big day for six months. We had paper chains counting down the days. We were so excited! Our first day started out early. I got up showered, and ready for the day. Greg woke up & said, "What are you doing?" I told him it was time to get up, and get the show on the road. I was still on Wyoming time. Yep, I had gotten up at 4am! Oops! Our motel had a nice breakfast, after Gaby, Seth, Ben, and I walked to Disneyland, while Greg, Mori, and Kira ran to Target. It worked out perfectly. By the time they shopped, parked the car at the motel, and walked to us we had the tickets and were ready to go.
 |
| Gaby & Mori waiting in line |
 |
| Seth hanging out with mom |
I will never forget the picture in my mind of right as my kids were in the park. Somehow Kira, and Seth were the first ones in the park. They were following the masses of people while the rest of the family was getting through the gate. I watched them anxiously, only to see Kira decking Seth, at the "Happiest Place on Earth." It made me chuckle!
We were able to ride Soarin' Over California, Grizzly River Rapids, and California Screamin'. I told Seth he was too short to ride California Screamin'. Much to his delight, and my dismay he was tall enough to ride. California Screamin' was Seth's favorite ride of the day.
Mr. Farnsworth can talk me into most anything. He persuaded me to ride that stupid roller coaster. As he talked to me I envisioned myself cuddled up next to him, while he soothed my fears. I climbed onto that stupid roller coaster, I was placed right next to Seth, NOT Mr. Farnsworth. My roller coaster cart went about an inch, when I thought to myself, "WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING!!!!" I closed my eyes, and screamed my fool head off, for the ENTIRE
 |
| Mom and the boyzzz |
 |
| Entering the Frozen show |
ride! The total loss of control I experience on a roller coaster doesn't go well with me! We were hot, and sweaty, the humidity was doing really bad things to our hair and skin. We headed over to the Frozen Sing along show. As we were walking in the security guard said, "I just want to let you know it is FRRREEEEEZING in there!" Our reply was "AWESOME" He was right it was cold, colder than an operating room, but, not as cold as Wyoming on a winter day. The show was darling. Everyone seem to enjoy it, even Bennie. He was mesmerized by it all. Gabrielle LOVED all of the special effects. At the end they had snow falling on the crowd from snow makers up in the rafters. Greg is convinced it was bubbles. I asked a Disney junky and she insists it was snow as well.
 |
| Enjoying the excellent AC & taking a break before the show |
 |
Kira, Gaby, Mom & Seth
before the show. |
We continued on riding more rides. Benjamin thought the Carousel was made for him. anytime he saw one, he would chatter to you like, "Let's go there, Please!" He made it very clear that is where he needed to be. We ate a turkey leg that tasted like ham. It was delightful. We shared a bread bowl of clam chowder, and a sandwich as well.
 |
| Gaby said "TAKE A PICTURE OF THAT!" |
 |
| The storyteller |
 |
| Elsa, Christoph, & Anna |
 |
| Hanging out with Olaf |
 |
| Bennie in the center |
 |
| Greg making sure Kira & Gaby are safe |
We headed to the "World of Color" show. It was impressive and we sat by a nice family from Denver, Colorado. We enjoyed our visit with them, and appreciated their helpful hints. The show was impressive. We walked back to the motel room. Greg went and got Carl's Jr for us. All of the kids were fast asleep soon after eating, and some before!
 |
| Bennie looked how we all felt! |
No comments:
Post a Comment