We had a little welcoming ceremony, and all of the wards passed out their ward pin. Then we had a certification review. Then the girls rotated through 4 stations. The big ball volleyball, Music and Fun, Certification Review, and a service project. After the 4 stations we had sweet pork salads, skits, and then Jungle Safari
Adventures. The skits were almost more than I could handle. They had little girls acting like the bums of horses and zebras. One little girl was just a swaying, and had brought rocks up that dropped out like droppings. Her big sister was just dying at the swaying horses patootie. I was laughing so hard I was snorting. It was hilarious. The first year girls went with the YCLs and Diana & I for the Jungle Safari Adventure. All of the other girls went with the stake Young Women Presidency.
The snipe hunt had been a hot topic. Finally at our last meeting I said if all of the leaders are against the snipe hunt why are we doing it? The previous year there had been some injures. We decided we would not allow it. We had a list of scriptures about light and assigned the girls to read them. When we were gathering questions for our face to face with the stake presidency and their wives we had several questions asking how do you overcome the darkness when you feel like you are drowning in it. So we decided we really needed to focus on light and less on tricking people. The light walk was so much fun. The
girls taped glow sticks to themselves in the shape of stick figures. I was so proud of those girls. They give each girl a tea light candle, and
![]() |
that they were able to put aside their disappointment of the not doing the snipe hunt
![]() |
![]() |
because Morgan was hanging around a girl with a dark countenance. It stressed me out. The girl was in total Goth makeup and told one of the leaders that she didn't want to be there,and she looked mad. God told me to simmer down. That that little girl needed a friend. I sought her out every chance I got. I went out of my way to do things with her and show her love.
Our big ball popped before we even started. The wind picked up right as we were starting the rotations. I prayed and had the girls stop and pray. That silly ball lasted for all four sessions, and the wind ceased. I know that was no coincidence.
When I finally laid my head down to sleep I was so glad day 2 was in the books, and I was sure this was the night I was going to sleep. My feet were so sore, and was exhausted from constant movement.
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
As we arrived back at the tent it was almost 2 am. It was warm than the 35 degree night we had endured the night before. Still sleep eluded me. I was up before 5 again, because I remembered I'd promised to get Gaby up in time for the 6 am devotional.
![]() |
![]() |





















No comments:
Post a Comment