 |
| Breast Stroke |
 |
| I M |
 |
| Start of Backstroke (center swimmer) |
Mori swam 10 events over the two day swim meet. I was so worried about her because she was swimming the most she has ever swam in a swim meet and was so sick. I worried and worried about her. I gave her Dayquil on Friday. One race she was in the lead and then all of a sudden she didn't do her flip turn and lost her lead. She came up into the stands after and she said I started sneezing and I couldn't do my flip turn...poor kid. She did very well especially considering being sick. She placed in the top half of her age division in every race she swam. On Saturday you could tell she felt better. Her placings were all in the top 10, and she even scored points. The awards ceremony was on Seth's birthday, so we don't know what number she finished in overall. It doesn't matter to us whether she's first or last in the books, she's our favorite swimmer no matter what! Go Mo Go!
As a side note...This is the swim meet I became THAT MOM! She was swimming a 200 yard in lane one, her name was on the board, and she was back talking to a BOY, her swim cap and goggles in her hand. I started SCREAMING from the stands "MORI! MORI YOU'RE UP!" She kept talking, again I yelled. With all of the parents looking on horrified, that I'd do such a thing. At conference swim a similar thing happened close to us where a swimmer was about to miss her event, and the mom stood up and screamed, the swimmer got on the blocks, and the mom took the Lord's name in vain and then sat down. I said to Greg "I will never act like that!" The very next swim meet I became that mom. So horrifying. I asked Mori, "Could you hear me screaming?". She said, "Oh no did you become Mrs. Olsen?" Yep! Greg said, "Well at least she didn't take the Lord's name in vain!"
No comments:
Post a Comment