Wednesday, January 27, 2016

She's In!

On  Wednesday, January 27th Gabrielle auditioned for the high school play "Grease".  The day was much anticipated, and long awaited.  After school she prepared herself for the big occasion, making sure her outfit, hair, and makeup were perfect.  Wednesdays are busy days at our house, but everything worked out where I could go with her to the audition.

She was called up on stage, handed out her judging sheets to the 4 judges, and began to work her magic.  They asked her to do a few things like dance, sing, and say a few lines.  She was asked to say, "You're disgusting, all of you!"  When she stepped forward and said that line, I'm pretty sure that's what sealed the deal for her.  The high school students in the audience gasped. She did a great job.

Then she had to wait, and wait to find out if she made the cut.  On Friday I picked her up from school and she said, "Mom, is it bad if I think I didn't make it, and it's okay?"  I drove her to meet Greg who then took her to the high school to see if she had made the list.  Greg texted me, but I was driving so Morgan read the text.  She read it as slow as she could and rearranged the names that made it to put Gaby very last! I was so excited for Gaby, and am proud of her.  I am a little anxious that she'll be hanging out with high school kids.  I gave her a little pep talk Sunday night before her first practice, and that sweet little teenager said, "Great!  Is this what I have to look forward to for the next four years of my life?"  Yes, dear that's what mothers are for!

No comments: