Saturday, August 15, 2015

No Regrets

The Gang

Cheerleader and Taxi cab Driver

Getting ready to EMBARK!

After the first stretch

Gaby

Mori

Kira

Seth

Bennie 

Nearing the end
One day we were driving over the bridge.  The new school year was looming in the near future. I heard  Gaby say to herself, "My only regret about this summer is not floating the river".  I told her there was still time, not to worry.  I really hate the river due to the near loss of Seth and Kira 2 year ago, but I knew that we all needed to try it again.  So I told Greg we really needed to float the river before school started.  We had planned to do it over the 4th of July, but the river was flooded, and the current swift.  The Saturday before school started we readied for our adventure.  The kids were so excited (Greg included), I was prayerful.  I found the perfect route with no spillways.  The spillway was our detriment last time.  The weather was lovely.  When I picked them up at our designated meeting place Seth was freezing and wanted to be done.  All of the others carried on, and the boys and I picked them up a few miles down stream.  All in all it was a very merry day.  Everyone got out of their tubes and swam, and we finished the day with no regrets.

No comments: