Sunday, June 7, 2015

Childhood, and to be a mother.

I remember taking Morgan into her newborn checkup.  The doctor said something to me that at the time made me angry. He said "you know throughout the eternities this is the only time you'll ever know your child as a newborn. "

 Isn't childhood beautiful ?  It's just sweet, and fleeting.  I love the magic of childhood.  I love the laughter and joy.  I love the faith and trust.  I'll be super honest with you though, on some days I don't love dragging a little boy to church in his jammies, because he refuses to get dressed. Sometimes, even the hard parts are good.  I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan.  I am grateful for families and sealing ordinances.

Tonight I was checking on the kids.  I came to Mori and Kira's room, and I had to smile at the scene before me.  Mori had the laptop, and Kira had a book and flashlight. I said what are you two doing?  Mori said, "I'm writing a 3 page essay on seahorses to convince dad I need seahorses." Kira was plowing through a library book.  It was cute, and made so glad to have these crazy kids in my life. To be a mother is a blessed gift.

No comments: