Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Part 4

Seth and his chocolate smile
 We started a new thing this year for Valentine's Day. The FARNSWORTH FAMILY VALENTINE FONDUE NIGHT...doesn't that just roll off your tongue...not really.   I think we'll carry on the tradition in years to come on or around Valentine's Day.  I set up the chocolate fountain and found this very yummy cheese fondue recipe{ http://www.melskitchencafe.com/classic-fondue-recipe/  }. I don't know how people make their links look cute, but oh well.  When I found this cheese recipe, I loved her idea (and thought it was appropriate for Valentine's Day) to give your neighbor a kiss every time you drop your food!
Kira giving Seth a smooch
This little hunk of cheese was $7.99 for 6 oz

Morgan giving Gaby a pep talk before her smooch
Gaby enjoying the food much more than kisses
 The kids had a ball.  We had bacon wrapped chicken, bread chunks, steamed broccoli, carrots, onions, and mushrooms to dip in the cheese fondue.  We had strawberries, pretzels, oreos, and the kids tried dipping french fries and chips (in the chocolate, not the cheese...yuck).  Greg did make a cheddar fondue as well, but it was no bueno.
 We don't have a fondue pot so I just used small crock pots on low, and it worked fine.
Mori in charge of taking pictures
Bennie and Gaby
Just getting ready
Kira and Dad 

No comments: