This girl is so sweet, except when she's not. She is frequently getting notes telling her how kind and thoughtful she is. I got a text the other day from one of our neighbors saying she was out shoveling snow and Mori came over and took her shovel and finished shoveling for her! That's my Mori, all on her own she tries to go about doing good. I love to listen to her play the piano and sing. She is the best babysitter. Often if Ben is being loud in sacrament she'll take him out and bring him back sound asleep. She's a good helper. Her strong desire to tease gets her into trouble, but she's good through and through.

To celebrate the day her we started early. Greg brought her guitar and set it out before she came in to read scriptures. She picked waffles for breakfast. She got a yummy donut at Smith's, that she thought looked like it was decorated just for her special day, it was covered in sprinkles and other goodness. When she came home from school we had a little scavenger hunt for the rest of her presents. Then, we had her choice of dinner.
Her cake was true inspiration. She wanted a chocolaty cake, but to be "Surprised". In the cake batter I dropped chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough and brownie batter. I was talking to a friend, and she suggested I frosted it with chocolate chip cookie dough icing...which was truly brilliant. It was filled with cookie dough icing and topped with it too. Chocolate frosting around the sides and adorned with chucks of cookies and brownies. She LOVED it. She skipped swim to stay home and celebrate.
We love you Miss Mori!

No comments:
Post a Comment