Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve






On Wednesday we took the kids to see "Princess and the Frog", after the movie I had a tooth bugging me. Christmas Eve morning (if that makes sense) it was worse and as soon as I got up I started calling around--my dentist moved and I had not found a new one yet. Thankfully the one I wanted to go to told me to come right down. 5 hours later, and $$$$ I had a fabulous new root canal--Thanks Santa, I love it!
Luckily most stuff was done, and if it wasn't done--it wasn't going to be. Just before sun down Greg took the kids sledding. We had a feast, and at 6:15 the girls opened one present. We read the Christmas story and The Night Before Christmas. Suddenly the girls were exhausted and hit the hay (good job dad--the sledding worked).
Santa was fast at work about 10 pm when shadows loomed in the hall. Daughter like Father, Morgan was too excited to sleep, so she decided to get up to see what was goin' on. Luckily, dad snuggled with her, and she stayed in bed with the promise that Santa would soon be there!

4 comments:

Coombs N Company said...

You know you are getting old when a root canal from Santa is all that you want! Hope your Christmas was great!

Julianne said...

I cannot believe you had a root canal on Christmas eve! I can see that happening to me! But it sounds you didn't let it get you down!

Annette said...

AMY! I didn't know you had a blog...glad I found you!

Soosie said...

Wow, one day I look and there is nothing new and then BAM!! I loved reading about all you are up to! Your kids are so cute! Morgan is a knockout! Be careful! Seth sure makes a darling sheriff!