Monday, March 30, 2009

I Love to Shop!


Greg still doesn't feel good. I know he doesn't want to hear me gloat over my shopping trip tonight. After I gloat then I will go over all the ways I could have maximized my savings.
So, to spare Greg the pain and agony; I'll tell you!
So, what do you think I paid for:
3 gallons of milk
7 boxes of Crispix
2 boxes of Trail Mix Crunch
2 boxes of Raisin Bran
2 boxes of Shredded wheat
3 boxes of Wheat Thins
10 boxes of Taco Bell Taco Shells
6 bags of Halls cough drops
5 pounds of bacon from the butcher block
2 dipping chocolate
3 boxes of Jello pudding
1 Capri Sun
1 Stove Top stuffing
3# bananas
1 Wrigley's Gum
1 bag Santitas

6 comments:

Josh and Alison said...

I'm guessing that you're couponing, so my guess is 25-30 dollars! Great deals out there!

Billy said...

If she is right then you had better take me with you! We spend $130 to $190 every 2 weeks at Walmart. And we only get 2 boxes of cereal.

Soosie said...

Okay, so when are you gonna tell us?

Amy said...

Alli--close, but no cigar! Great deals are getting better. When I first started couponing, before Kira was born; there were constantly free things. For the last couple of years it has been mediocre. The last couple of months have started picking up.

Billy, you can shop with me anytime. I shope at odd hours since the birth of my baby. This is what Kristel are always chatting about. I love Wal-Mart, but I LOVE Albies. I shop at both regularly.

Sue, is the suspense killing you? I was going to take a picture of my reciepts, but I'll just tell you. It came to $34.??. I have done much better before.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Amy!! I love saving money. Chris hates to shop ... but he has only let me go by myself 3 times in the 12 1/2 years we have been married. He says it's cool when you gals tell me about the sales but is not sure it's worth the extra work. Hey more money means more crafts store shopping trips, right? BILLY

Daphne A. Quist said...

Amy, If it didn't come from you I would have never believed it! I was guessing at least 100! Amazing!!