Thursday, January 19, 2017

It's Great To Be 8!





















How can my sweet Seth be 8?!  It is just crazy he has grown so fast.  This boy is so easy to love.  He is such an awesome big brother.  He his kind and loving to his mom.  He is so happy and easy going.  My heart is happy because Seth is part of my life.  He has a special place in our family.

One of Seth's qualities is he is mighty in faith.  This boy has such pure faith and trust in Heavenly Father.  Recently we had a neat experience with him.  When we placed our house for sale the realtor asked for the keys.  Greg and I just looked at each other.  I didn't remember touching them after Greg had installed the new doorknobs.  Greg thought he might know a place he might have put them.  We scoured our normal places we both would have put them, but to no avail we could not find them.  We had both prayed and looked and did not want to have to pay for new doorknobs again, or pay for a locksmith to re-key the knobs.  One evening I was gone picking up the girls from swim and Greg said, "Buddy, I really need you to pray that we can find the new keys to the front door".  Seth prayed, and then immediately started looking.  I didn't know anything of Greg and Seth's continuation of the prayers and search.  The next morning when I came back from taking the older kids to school Seth said, "Mom, I think I found those keys you've been looking for!"  I looked and sure enough he had found those keys.  He told me he had found them on the stairs.  I knew Greg and I had both looked, no not just looked...searched where he found them.  So, I just thought Greg had found them and forgot to tell me in the craziness of the evening.  I texted Greg and said, "Did you find the keys?".  He called and said no, and he didn't know what we were going to do.  I told him Seth had found them on the stairs.  We booth floored, they were in plain sight, in a place we had both searched.

Seth has such a fun personality.  He does get in a bit of trouble at school, but he's just so honest and cute he is really hard to get mad at.  He decided he does not like math.  His teacher was talking to him, and he informed her he decided to not do math homework anymore.  Pretty consistently he leaves his math homework at school.  We are on to him now.

Happy Birthday Buddy we can't help but love and adore you.

No comments: