Monday, August 15, 2016

Back to School Bash 2016


 





In preparation for our special Back to School Bash I remember the many obstacles we encountered last year, and so I thought it imperative to simplify.   I did just that.  I remembered the wicked wind last year wrecking havoc with my cute polka dotted napkins, so I didn't even buy cute napkins, or set a fancy table. Good weather is a luxury around here, so we like to take the chance to enjoy outside when we can.  Our dinner was a simple wienie roast.

My dear sweet Gabrielle ruined some people on eating hot dogs earlier this summer.  I bought a jumbo pack of hotdogs, and that little turkey said loudly for all to hear, "Hey!  Did you know pig hearts are the number one ingredient in these hot dogs."  Thank you Gabrielle.  Needless to say Jazz loved her salted pork hearts, because NO ONE else was eating them!  Since this was an important event I went all out and bought the premium hot dogs, and restored my family's faith in hot dogs again. We had s'mores for dessert,and then they burned all of the summer work their teachers sent home, old workbooks, and such.  They were a little too delighted for the burning of school work.

 After s'mores we came in and Greg gave beautiful blessings to each of the kids.  Then he went into the bathroom and started vomiting...we can not get rid of this bug!  It is plaguing our family.

No comments: