Saturday, December 31, 2016

Bringing in the New Year

 We are fortunate enough to have 9 o'clock church this new year!  Hooray.  As a result we needed to be smart about our New Year's Eve activities.  The girls have had a New Year's Eve Party for the last few years.  We decided we would celebrate as a family, and call it a night early.  Mori invited her friend Addy over.

We had a hearing aid buzzing game of Pit.  It was so loud, and so very fun. Gaby almost won Pit, but she refused to wear the Winner's hat and it was all down hill for her from then on. I don't want to gloat, but I was on fire.  I got to wear the special winners hat.  Gaby and Mori said I am a much better loser than a winner.  Then we played Dutch Blitz.   I want this to go down in our family history...I won again!  First time in my life to totally reign as the Winner!  I think it was more fun driving my kids crazy than to win.

We had fried mozzarella cheese sticks, shrimp, jalapeno poppers, pizza pockets, mini corndogs, chicken and beef taquitos, spinach dip, and velvetta- sausage- rotel dip, honey BBQ chicken.  Our neighbors gave us a wild game cheddar jalapeno sausage roll, chesse, and crackers. We all really enjoyed the appetizers...so much that we did it again for Sunday dinner.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!




No comments: