Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bear Lake



















Wow, these pictures make me sad that summer is gone! I've sat down to type this post many times, but never finished. So here it is in all of it's imperfections, pictures in no particular order, and a brief synopsis of the events.




Greg and Russell planned a little camp out. I am always apprehensive of the unknown. This was such a fun memorable vacation. We are glad Russell and Jenny and their family let us hang out with them! Our girls totally loved being with their cousins and all of the fun activities. It truly was double the fun with Russell and Jenny. We started the trip out by stopping at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. My family went to the temple when I was 4 and became a forever family. Since that time I always had a draw to return to the temple someday for the organization of my own family, and hopefully that same desire was created in my children.




We pressed forward, and at dusk arrived at our final destination--The Sunrise Campground (we think). Greg and Russell put the tent up in the almost dark--what kind of good camping trip has you put your tent up in the light? The next day we started with a hike, geo caching, and the beach. We had a blast. We were so surprised of the beauty and versatility. Who knew northern Utah was so beautiful (yeah, we need to get out more often. Logan Canyon was beautiful, Logan was beautiful, however--we have NOTHING kind to say about the Brigham City Burger King!)




The next day we broke camp. Russell had connections to a sophisticated abode with running water (hallelujah). There is just something about restroom facilities that are glorified outhouses--we lovingly refer to them as "monkey bum"--this name was inspired by the nose! We went and checked out the new deluxe accommodations--did I mention it was complete with running water. The thought still makes me happy. We headed to the beach, the boys rented a wave runner. Unfortunately my paranoia has not rubbed off on my eldest--Gabrielle loved it! Mori, however, has taken all of my lectures on the evils of watercraft to heart, and screamed the entire time she was on the evil machine. After a fun day on the beach we SHOWERED, and ate and had a delightful raspberry shake. We went to the park in Garden City, and for a stroll on the boardwalk. When we came back from our walk we saw fireflies. I had never in all my years seen real fireflies--too neat!




After a good night sleep in a real bed, we packed and headed into Idaho--first time ever I had set foot into Idaho--go figure. However, I love Idaho, because I love the Englis', who are Idahoans. We went to the Paris Ice Caves--which was a very long drive for 5 minutes of fun. Impressive none the less. Then we sadly separated from Russell, Jenny, Jaylyn, Kenzie, and Sadie. They had been good vacation buddies, and it was so much fun to be together. We headed to Tony Grove. Which was beautiful, but coupled with the wildflowers it was absolutely breathtaking! We loved this place. Greg went fishing out on his float tube, and the children and I hid in the trees with a sleeping bag, a good book--The Wizard of OZ, and a bag of munchies.




So much fun, we all had a blast, and hope to go back! That night we stayed with Curt and Cindy, and the kids got to play with MORE cousins--which they never tire of. Thanks to Russell and Jenny, and Curt and Cindy for your kind hospitality!

4 comments:

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

That looks like so much fun! I love it that your girls are so silly!

Coombs N Company said...

I had no idea that you were so paraniod by the water. You just have a fun way of describing things! It looks like loads of fun! Your baby is so big too. Can't wait to see you again!

goldmania said...

Amy, so happy I found your blog. :)your kids are getting so big and cute. they were sure nice to play with my kids over the summer. :)

Julianne said...

Amy!
I totaly remember you. You rented a unit from us. You are a nurse, and your husband was on our bishopric. Fun to see you have a little boy now! THanks so much for finding my blog. I feel honored that you liked it and commented. We sisters have to help eachother out! Keep up the great work you do with the family. It is so tough. Lets stay connected :)
Lots of Love!